After completing the 50 Books Challenge this year, I'm sharing my top ten books of the year as well as what I learned from the challenge. For 2017, I will be taking part in one of PopSugar's old reading challenges, here.
MY TOP TEN BOOKS OF THE YEAR
- Still Life by Louise Penny
- The Nordic Theory of Everything by Anu Partanen
- It's What I Do by Lynsey Addario
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
- Slade House by David Mitchell
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- Camille Styles Entertaining by Camille Styles
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
WHAT I LEARNED:
I really do not like YA fiction. Honestly, that's the biggest takeaway. It isn't due to snobbery, there's just something about the tone in most that I've read that is hugely annoying. If someone can give me a recommendation to prove this wrong, please do so!