To finish off the month of July’s theme of all things southern, I’m sharing my go-to recipe for sweet tea. In my opinion, you really can’t survive the hot summer months in the South without pitchers of sweet tea at the ready.
3 teabags or 3 tablespoons of loose black tea
(preferably Orange Pekoe)
1/2 cup sugar
1. Fill a glass pitcher nearly to the top with fresh water.
2. Add three bags or an infuser with three tablespoons of loose Orange Pekoe tea.
3. Place the pitcher outside in a sunny spot until dark in color, about 3-4 hours.
4. In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and bring to a low boil.
5. Remove from heat and pour simple syrup into the pitcher.
6. Mix with a wooden spoon and serv.e